Step 3. Customize your Boomerang settings
Now that you've installed Boomerang and have a good idea of where everything is, let's go over how to customize Boomerang so that it fits in seamlessly with your workflow.
As discussed in the previous section, you can access your various Boomerang settings at any time by finding the small Boomerang icon in the upper right-hand corner of your Gmail window.
Customize email settings
To adjust the settings for our Email Productivity features (Boomerang, Send Later, Respondable, and Inbox Pause), click on the Boomerang icon in the upper right-hand corner of your Gmail window and select Email Settings:
You'll see the following options:
When messages are returned...
This setting allows you to specify how messages should appear in your Inbox when returned via Boomerang, to best fit in with your workflow:
- Marked as unread
- At the top of your inbox - The Boomeranged message will be returned at the top of your Inbox. If not checked, it will be sorted chronologically according to when the original message was initially received.
- Labeled as 'Boomerang-Returned' - Automatically applies the label 'Boomerang-Returned' to any message snoozed with Boomerang
This setting will enable our AI writing assistant, Respondable, to appear in your email compose window.
Enable Respondable with advanced learning
This setting will enable Respondable's machine learning feature to take more advanced measures of your writing: Positivity, Politeness, and Subjectivity.
Enable Inbox Pause
This setting enables the Inbox Pause button to appear in your Gmail Inbox, in the left hand navigation pane.
Enable keyboard shortcuts
This setting enables keyboard shortcuts for convenient access to and navigation of Boomerang features.
If you have a Premium plan, you'll unlock the additional features seen above. Learn more about our Premium plan.
Customize meeting scheduling settings
To adjust the settings for our meeting scheduling features (Suggest Times, Send Later, Add Event), click on the Boomerang icon in the upper right-hand corner of your Gmail window and select Calendar Settings:
You'll be taken to the Calendar Settings page with the following options:
The display name is what will be shown to recipients when they view a schedule or confirm a meeting you've initiated with any of the Boomerang Scheduling features.
Start of week
This setting determines what day of the week your Boomerang Scheduling calendars begin with.
Default meeting duration
You can choose a default meeting length of 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes. This default will be selected when using Suggest Times or Bookable Schedule, but can of course be overridden at the time of set up.
With this setting, you can customize the default messages that are prepended to each of your Suggest Times or Share Free/Busy images.
Connect your Zoom account to Boomerang to generate automatic Zoom links for meeting invitations.
The following settings allow you to choose default calendars to use with Boomerang's Scheduling features, but can be changed at the time of use:
- Default calendar to add new events - This is the default calendar any event scheduled with Suggest Times or Bookable Schedule will be added to.
- Default calendars to show - These are the calendars that will appear, and be referenced for availability, by default, when using any of the Boomerang Scheduling features.
Want to schedule meetings with one of your coworkers or family members, but don't see it on this list? Check out Google Calendar's help center article about how to share your calendar with someone.
The Availability page shows the availability you've set up for all of your Bookable Schedules. From here, you can do the following:
1. Apply the Availability Set to a different Bookable Schedule.
2. Create a new Availability Set.
3. Edit an existing Availability Set.
4. Duplicate an existing Availability Set with all the same calendars it checks for conflicts.
5. Set a new default Availability Set. This will be the default for all new Bookable Schedules created.
.6 Delete an Availability Set.