I can't unpause my Inbox! What do I do?
Don't worry, you can always unpause your Inbox by following these steps:
Turn off the vacation responder.
- If you enabled the auto-responder when you paused your Inbox, you will want to turn off the Vacation responder in the Gmail settings.
- Navigate to your Gmail Settings, and scroll down to the bottom of the General settings section to find the Gmail vacation responder option (pictured below). Make sure Vacation responder off is selected.
Delete the filter used by Inbox Pause (it will reference '
- In Gmail, go to Settings and click on the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab. Then find the filter that looks like the image below.
- Click the delete link next to the filter. This will unpause your Inbox and allow all new messages to arrive in your Inbox as usual.
Move paused messages back to your Inbox.
- Click on the label 'Inbox-Paused-yyyy-mmm-dd' on the left navigation bar of Gmail. (If you don't see it, you may have to refresh your Gmail, or expand your labels view by clicking the More link at the bottom of the left navigation bar.)
- Click on the checkbox at the top left of your Inbox and select All to select all messages with this label.
- Once all messages are selected, click on the folder icon at the top of your Inbox (the Move to icon), and select your Inbox. This will move all messages that came in while your Inbox was paused back to your Inbox.
Lastly, delete the Inbox Pause label.
- Again, locate the label 'Inbox-Paused-yyyy-mmm-dd' on the left navigation bar of Gmail.
- Hover over the label name and click the down arrow that appears.
- Click Remove label.